Ai Hackathon for the Environment is a two-day challenge event focused on delivering real-life examples to help build a coherent environmental data ecosystem, including:
- Deploying AI alongside other new technologies to enhance solving environmental issues.
- Developing a national environmental open data framework.
- Considering where and how mātauranga Māori may be incorporated within Government AI systems.
- Coordinating the development of standards and best practices for environmental data management.
The event will occur in person in five locations in New Zealand and online.
- Event kick-off Thursday 8 Sept at 8 am.
- Pitches start Friday 9 Sept at 3 pm.
- The winners will be invited to present their solutions to the AI Summit on 12 September.